Laura thank you for the nomination and more than that for the understanding that sometimes these posts can be a little overwhelming for those of us living with a chronic illness. I so appreciate that!
Please stop by and visit Laura’s blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you and tag him or her in your post
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a ‘widget’
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you and list 11 Random Facts About Yourself
- Provide rules for accepting the award (cut and paste this section into your own post)
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers you enjoy (ideally with 1000 or fewer followers) and inform them of their nominations
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post
I’m going to leave Laura’s Amendment here. It was such a thoughtful and understanding gesture. Thank you Laura!
- LAURA’S AMENDMENT: I realize some of my nominees are challenged by chronic pain, fatigue, fading muscle control, etc and may shy away from this award simply due to the amount of effort involved in following the ‘rules’. Because I want you to have a voice in this award process, I thought I’d add an amendment – Do rule #s 1,2,4 and 7 as directed, but adjust the rest of the rules to your own needs. For instance answer half of the questions asked of you, create a few new questions for your nominees to answer, etc. I really want to enable those of you with less energy/physical stamina to participate as I fully enjoy your blogs. Maybe call this the “Liebster Award with Laura’s Amendment”?
Laura’s questions and my answers
1.Do you read several books at the same time or one at a time?
- I don’t really read books. It would take too long these days with my vision problems and I would forget what I read and have to start over. Lol. I read a lot of blogs though.
2. What makes you break into your ‘happy dance’?
- Seeing my kids smile and laugh.
3. Describe yourself in 3 words.
- Strong, funny, sincere
4. What do you wish outsiders understood about the struggles you are facing right now?
- That it’s not easy losing who you once were and even though I remain positive for the most part there are days that I wish I could just have one more normal day. So on those days allow me to be a little down or voice those frustrations and don’t take it as a bad attitude or that I am giving up. That will never happen! Those moments never last long but I have the right and it is a natural process to feel those things sometimes.
5. Where/what would you like to go/do that you have not yet explored/done?
- Go to Ireland
6. Which of your blog posts is your favorite and why? Please provide a link.
- That’s a hard one! All of my posts come from such an emotional place. I would have to say Laugh till it hurts because it is really who I am. Laughter is the best medicine.
7. Imagine you have superpowers. What would your power be? How about your ‘new’ name?
- My superpower would be to make everyone kind and accepting of others. Can’t think of a name.
8. What 3 traits do you look for in a friend?
- Honesty! Kindness and humor
9. How is your life making an impact on the next generation?
- I’m not sure what impact my life is making on the next generation but I hope that my life inspires others to see that life is just a beautiful mess. It’s not going to be what you expected. It’s not going to go the way you planned it. It’s not the end of the world when things don’t turn out the way you wanted. There are going to be struggles and that’s ok. Without struggles how would we learn and how would we appreciate life.
10. What is your favorite color, flower, tree, dessert?
- My favorite color is Aqua.
- My favorite flower is Hibiscus.
11. Coffee, tea, or????
11 Random Facts About Me ( ok it’s 10)
- I hate chocolate! I despise it. Can’t stand the smell of it or anything about it.
- My favorite store is Harbor Freight or Home Depot.
- When I’m tired I laugh for no reason.
- I don’t like shoes. Rather be barefoot.
- I love to dance. Wish I still could.
- I’m a bit OCD when it comes to my kitchen. I can’t stand things to be left on the counter. I don’t like appliances on the counter. ( only the coffee pot!) I hate when things aren’t put back where they go and certain things have to be together.
- I love the smell of rain, the leaves,and wet dirt after it rains.
- I love spicy food.
- I love butterflies. As you can see. Even my table is a butterfly.
- I have four tattoos. All of which have a significant meaning to me.
These are all incredible blogs. Please do stop by and visit them.
Jamie at Multiple Experiences
Meg Lewellyn at BBHwithMS
Ok so I’m going to cheat here! I thought Laura’s Questions were really great so I’m going to steal hers. Hope you don’t mind Laura. 🙂 Just answer as many as you like.