I was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Helen’s Journey. Helen shares her journey as she searches for a more natural approach to life. Part of her journey includes mindfullness , health, and living with Fibromyalgia. Click the link above to visit Helen.
Thank you so much for the nomination! I enjoyed getting to know the person behind the keypad . That’s what is great about these awards.
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the award and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Helen’s asks and my answers
1. Where in the world are you based and have you ever met up in person with any fellow bloggers in your local area?
I live in the wonderful Arizona desert. Yes, It is extremely hot! It is also very beautiful. I actually grew up in the mountains of AZ so it’s not that long a drive to get away and escape the heat from time to time. Though if you ask my sister I don’t do that nearly enough. ( she still lives in our home town) No, I have never had the chance to meet fellow bloggers in person.
2. If blogs had to have a theme tune that played every time people came onto your website – which song would you choose?
The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes.
3. Why did you choose the specific niche you write about for your blog?
I wanted to reach out to others living with MS that may be going through the same things I face. Little did I know that it was going to be so therapeutic for me. It has helped me tremendously to know that I’m not alone in some of the struggles and feelings that go along with living with a chronic illness. I have met (via internet) so many wonderful, caring, and inspiring individuals.
4. Tell us about the best photograph you have taken, that is featured in one of your blogs (include copy of the photo in your answer).
I have a couple of favorites but I chose this one because it was taken on a very needed get away to Sedona for my birthday. Sedona is just beautiful! The picture doesn’t do it justice.
5. I turn 35 in September and I’m planning on a getaway holiday with a group of friends to celebrate, somewhere with no more than a few hours flight from England, some September sun & cool places/buildings etc to see – where would you recommend and why?
Sorry. I wish I knew some great places to recommend. If you ever find yourself in AZ I’m your person. 🙂
6. Which social media app do you get most blog traffic through and what makes it work so well for you?
Twitter. I find that there is much more engagement. I think that’s key.
7. How long have you been blogging and have you ever taken time out away from blogging during that time?
I’ve been blogging a little over two years. Yes, I have taken time away. Unfortunately I haven’t been as active the past 6 or 7 months. I’ve been struggling cognitively due to the MS. I hope that 2018 will be a better year. 🙂
8. If you had to choose a smoothie recipe to represent your blog what would it be?
Hmm… I might have to think about that. I can say one of my favorite smoothies is a avocado mango smoothie. Just had a thought. Why haven’t I added that to my recipes on my blog? Back to the question. That one wouldn’t really represent my blog. It would have to be something with Hibiscus juice. Hibiscus are my favorite flowers and are a part of my logo.
9. Have you ever heard of Fibromyalgia other than from me/my blog/my social media?
Yes. I had heard of it long before my MS diagnosis but I admit I didn’t know that much about it. I have become more aware since my diagnosis and interaction with others living with chronic illnesses.
10. What piece of advice would you give bloggers for creating images and for taking photos / flatlays / blog feature images etc?
A good editing app is a must! Unless you just have the ability to take perfect pictures :). I don’t so a good app is a must for me. As far as taking pictures I would say take pictures of things that catch your eye, inspires you, and have fun with it.
11. Do you make money off blogging? If so how?
My 11 questions for my nominees
- Where are you from?
- Why did you start a blog?
- What have you learned from blogging and/or tips do you have for new bloggers
- Where do you find inspiration for your posts?
- Of all your posts which one is your favorite?
- What social media directs the most traffic to your blog?
- What is one of your favorite blogs that you follow and why? ( Please share a link so others can visit your favorite blog)
- I’m always coming up with or looking for new recipes. Do you have a favorite recipe? ( share the recipe or a link if you would like)
- What is your favorite feel good song? ( you know the one you turn on when your cleaning the house that gets you going or the one you always listen to in the car.) 🙂
- If you could take a vacation any where. Where would you go? Why?
- I had all 11 questions I promise and the last one was a good one. For the life of me I can’t remember what it was! Darn! Feel free to add something about yourself instead. 🙂
My nominees are: