This soup is really easy and fast to make. About 30 minutes is all you need.
- 1/2 of an onion sliced (doesn’t need to be chopped)
- 2 Cloves of garlic ( just a quick chop will do)
- 1 Leek Bunch
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups of Carrots ( shredded, sliced, or frozen)
- 1 pkg. of Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 Stock or bag of Cauliflower
- 1 Cup of White Wine
- 6 Cups of Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup of Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 2 to 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Fennel
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive or Coconut Oil
In a large pan heat the oil and add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, leeks, and Thyme. Saute until onion are lightly browned. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add the wine, vegetable stock, fennel, bay leaves, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer until all vegetables are tender. About 10 minutes if you’re using frozen cauliflower.
Remove from heat and let the soup cool for about 10 minutes.
Remove the bay leaves and blend the vegetables in a blender until pureed. Adding the broth mixture as needed. Return the pureed mixture back to the pot and add the almond or coconut milk and heat until warm. Garnish with green onion and serve.