This soup is super easy to make. Light and creamy . Perfect for a chilly day!
- 1 large or 2 medium Butternut Squash
- Olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 of an Onion chopped
- 1 Celery Stock chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 2 Bay leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable Stock
- Almond or Coconut milk
To Make This Soup:
- Cut the squash in half (length wise) and remove the seeds and pulp.
- Brush oil of your choice on the flesh of the squash.
- Salt and pepper the squash.
- Cover the tops or flesh part of the squash with foil and place foil side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 45 min depending on the size of the squash.
- While the squash is baking cook the onion, garlic, and celery in a small amount of coconut oil until the onions are lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and puree the onion mixture in a blender. Adding vegetable stock as needed.
- When the squash is cooked remove from the oven and let it cool a few minutes.
- Begin scooping the squash out a little at a time and add it to the blender.
- Puree the squash adding more vegetable stock as needed.
( You will have to stop and pour the blended squash mixture into your pot ( or slow cooker ) a couple of times as the blender gets too full)
11. Once you have all of the squash blended and back in the pot. Add the spices and heat it through on a low setting.
12. Add almond or coconut milk to desired consistency.
13. Simmer about 20 minutes to let all the flavors come together.
I like almond or coconut milk for the flavor and a little creamy texture but you can omit that and just use vegetable stock if you rather.